Structure Fire 9/21/2022
*** Press Release ***
Today at 9:38 AM the Lowell Fire Department along with Lake Dalecarlia Fire Dept and Cedar Lake Fire Dept, both automatic aid departments, were dispatched to a working structure fire on the 200 block of Idlewild place in the Town of Lowell. At 9:46 AM the first arriving engine crew was met with heavy fire conditions on the Alpha side of the structure. A box alarm was requested which brings further mutual aid resources to the scene. The fire was contained to the room of origin; however, heavy smoke and heat conditions damaged the remaining interior of the structure.
No injuries were reported, all occupants of the home were away at the time of the fire. Unfortunately, 2 dogs and 2 cats that were family pets did perish in the fire. The cause remains under investigation by the Fire Investigator from the Lowell Fire Dept and a neighboring dept.
The Lowell Fire Department truly appreciates all the automatic and mutual aid assistance at the scene from other fire, ems, and police departments. Thanks as well to our municipal officials that help coordinate relief efforts.
- Lowell Police Dept
- Cedar Lake Fire Dept
- Crown Point Fire Rescue
- Lake Dalecarlia Fire Department
- Lakes of the Four Seasons Volunteer Fire Force
- Grant Park Fire Department – Illinois
- Beecher Fire Protection District – Illinois
- Lake Township Fire Dept – Newton Co.
- Hebron Fire Department – Porter Co.
- Tri-Creek EMS Ambulance Service
- Town of Lowell
- Cedar Creek Township Trustee Office