How to Join
Interested In Joining Us?
Do you have a calling to and enjoy helping others?
Are you a self starter willing to learn new skills?
Do you want to start a new career path?
Do you enjoy working with a team of like minded individuals?
DO YOU HAVE THE FIRE IN YOU?
We know there are several members in our community that have many skills, expertise and a like mindset of helping others that would benefit our department.
We meet every Monday at 7pm at the station for training and business of the department.
- Be 18 years of age
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S.
- Live within 6 miles of the station at 1331 E Commercial Ave
- Have a valid motor vehicle driver’s license
- Pass agility test offered twice yearly, once before it freezes and once after it thaws
- Be able to attend Monday night meetings
- Pass a yearly physical
- Pass background check
- Pass drug screening
- Attend 6 month academy offered to achieve Firefighter I certificate within 6 months of hire date
TWO STEP APPLICATION PROCESS
- Start Your Application Process by
- Complete a Membership Application by picking one up at the station or click the button below to print, complete and return to the station at:
- Lowell Volunteer Fire Department
- 1331 E. Commercial Ave
- Lowell IN 46356