Lowell Volunteer Fire Department
The Lowell Volunteer Fire Department was organized in 1897 by a group of citizens to protect their own property and businesses as well as others. The first meeting was held October 5, 1897 with the first appointed Chief being M.E. Nafus. On November 2, 1897, Charles Sherard was the first elected Chief. He served in that position until June 7, 1898. Listed under separate heading are the men who have served as elected Chief to this department. In the past 122 years, there have been only 22 Chiefs. Read More
Our Service Area
The Lowell Volunteer Fire Department proudly serves the citizens and property of Eagle Creek, Cedar Creek and West Creek Townships. We are a not-for-profit corporation coordinated by a Board of Corporate Officers and trustees who collectively make decisions for the department throughout the year in conjunction with the Town of Lowell. Serving the community of Lowell and surrounding areas has been the pride of this department for over 120 years.